Seriously, Are you OK?
Elon Musk News Timeline HERE.
Things are busy for Elon Musk and it is hard not to wonder if he is overworking himself past his limits. The only other high-profile Twitter account that spends so much time attacking and defending themselves against random users is @RealDonaldTrump, and he is not typically known for his mental stability.
Up until now, Elon has been a hero to so many that idolize him for his contributions and even more for his aspirations. However, Elon’s Genius comes at a cost. He has tweeted about his narcissism and it is true that he is a useful narcissist or whatever he may be, but are his public ramblings going to be his downfall?
- Fought against saboteurs.
- Considered making news-rating service.
- Had twitter fights with several journalist, scientist, and random users.
- Planned a Chicago tunnel, with his boring co.
- Offered to help Thai soccer team stuck in a cave.
- Constructed a submarine to help the Thai soccer team.
- Been outed for donating to a climate-change-denying Super Pac.
- Called Vern Unsworth, the rescue diver, a “pedo.”
Elon Musk often gets picked on for petty things, as does Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I guess it comes with being smarter than everyone else. However, the difference in how these two geniuses deal with “haters,” critics, attackers, and personal mistakes is the difference between night and day.
While NDT allows attacks and criticism to pass without much hoopla, Elon Musk often replies to the lowliest of users if they dare attack him. If he were to ignore these users they would disappear and look like fools. By attacking them, he brings them attention and inflames the situation even more.
Elon Musk is still a hero of mine. I understand that even our heroes are human and have their shortcomings. Understanding this, I wish Elon Musk would take a break and let his work speak for itself. Not only for the sake of his companies and legacy but also for the sake of the world.